Are you wondering how much money can you make selling Avon? I asked the same question before signing up and I think it is a smart question to ask! In this article I will tell you exactly what you can expect to earn for commission rates and also what the typical Avon Lady’s monthly income level is, based on her Avon business.
What I like best about Avon is the freedom you get by being a representative. You can choose how much money you want to make. You have the freedom to sell just a little bit to friends and family or to make it your full time business…it’s totally up to you. If a full-time business is the route you want to go, you will find that Avon gives you plenty of training and incentives to make it work for you. You won’t get rich over night…but if you put in the work and get your name out in your community on a consistent basis, you can easily make enough money to replace your 9-5 job income. If that’s what you choose.
Benefits of Selling Avon:
- Avon has some of the highest commission rates in the industry. You can make as much as 50% commission on your sales, plus bonus commission when you decide to build a team.
- When you first start out you earn 40% commission for 3.5 months. After that, the base level commission is 20%, but total orders (in a 2 week period) over $150 get higher and higher commission.
- There is no minimum order. You earn commission on every.single.dollar you sell.
- There are no fees. No fees for a website, no fees to stay active as a representative. (There is a shipping fee for your orders, but it’s pretty small.)
- There are contests and prizes offered constantly. You can win an iPad, an all-expense-paid trip, jewelry, and loads more. And it’s not just a select few in the company that win. They make it easy to set your goals and win the prizes.
- You can earn cash bonuses up to $20,000.
- Even if you don’t want to sell Avon as a business, you can get a discount on the products you purchase for yourself. Purchase at least $50 and get 40% off of demo products available to representatives before they are available to the public. Even if you make a small order, you will still get the 20% off base level.
- Make friends! There are tons of amazing Avon Ladies around the world, it’s a great sisterhood of women that all want you to succeed, and that’s a great feeling.
- Special benefits from Avon’s business partners. Get a discount on your cell phone bill, get health and dental insurance through Avon’s partner, get a discount at office depot, and more.
- It’s only $25 to join and with that you get some of Avon’s bestsellers – Skin So Soft body oil spray, AHA cream, Mascara, and Hand cream.
- Avon lets you run your business the way you want. No requirements or strict rules to follow.
- No requirement to do parties.
- No requirement to keep inventory.
- No requirement to recruit.
Now you might be thinking, “But can I REALLY make money??”
Don’t just take my word for it. There are books written by Avon Ladies that made plenty of money to not only replace their income form their boring 9-5 job, but even more money than they dreamed. Check out some of these books that give detailed stories from Avon Ladies that made it big:
A View From The Top: Avon’s elite leaders share their stories and strategies to succeed
A View from the Top Volume 2
A view form the Top Volume 3
From Knocking on Doors to Making Millions: Top Strategies for Direct Sales Success
These books are filled with stories from average women like you who decided to change their lives by becoming an Avon Lady.
How much money can I make selling Avon, per month?
Let’s look at some different scenarios to figure out what you can expect to earn from Avon every month…
- Join for the Discount: If you don’t really want to sell to other people, but want to be able to purchase Avon for yourself at a discount. You will get 20-40% off of your Avon products, depending on how much you order. You will need to order at least every 3 months to keep your account active.
- Casual Avon Lady: If you want a little bit of extra money every month. This is very do-able. If you have 20 customers buying an average of $25 per order, you can make an extra $400 per month from Avon.
- Business Avon Lady: If you have 100 customers buying an average of $30 per order, plus you have a team of 10 recruits also selling, you can make $6400 per month plus extra bonuses from your team. (plus prizes like free trips!)
- Platinum Business Avon Lady: Avon ladys at the Platinum Executive Leader level earn around $20,000 a month, with no cap on what you can earn. The more you sell, the more you earn!
Still have a few questions? Contact me and I would be happy to help you figure out if Avon is the right fit for you!